Are you a passionate, ambitious individual with dreams of making a difference in your community? The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme is here to nurture and empower the future leaders of Africa. This prestigious initiative aims to provide early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries with a world-class education, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to drive sustainable development and make a lasting impact.
Imagine the opportunity to embark on a fully funded, one-year master’s level programme at a renowned higher education institution in Ireland. That’s exactly what the Ireland Fellows Programme offers to selected students. This comprehensive award covers not only programme fees but also flights, accommodation, and living costs, ensuring that financial barriers are not an obstacle on your path to success.
The Ireland Fellows Programme is committed to promoting gender equality, equal opportunity, and diversity. It actively welcomes applicants from all walks of life, encouraging individuals from various backgrounds to apply. Whether you have a passion for agriculture, health, education, human rights, computer science, engineering, business, or any other field, there’s a place for you in this transformative programme.
Eligibility is determined by a few key criteria.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience, directly aligning with their proposed programme(s) of study.
- Additionally, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution is required, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale). If you hold a qualification at the master’s level or higher, or are currently enrolled in such a programme, the Ireland Fellows Programme is not for you at this time.
- Have identified and selected three programmes relevant to your academic and professional background from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programmes chosen.
- Must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2024/2025.
To be considered for the 2024 academic year, applications must be submitted by the 30th of July, 2023. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership potential, a commitment to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals within their home country, and a strong desire to foster positive relationships with Ireland.
Once accepted into the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from a range of master’s level programmes listed in the Directory of Eligible Programmes. These programmes typically commence in August or September and can run for a duration of 10 to 16 months, depending on your chosen field of study.
The Ireland Fellows Programme doesn’t stop at academic support; it also recognizes the importance of a holistic experience. While the fellowship covers your expenses, it’s important to note that financial support for spouses or dependents is not included. However, the programme offers an enriching environment where you’ll be surrounded by fellow ambitious individuals, fostering connections and lifelong friendships.
How to Apply for Ireland Fellows Programme 2024
Ready to embark on this life-changing journey? The application process consists of three stages: Preliminary Application, Detailed Application, and Interviews. If you progress beyond the interview stage, you’ll be required to showcase your English language proficiency through an online test. Preparation is key, so we strongly advise all applicants to familiarize themselves with the requirements and consider early preparation for the IELTS exam, even if English is their native language.
The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme is not just a scholarship; it’s a transformative experience that will shape you into the leader you aspire to be. Don’t miss this golden opportunity to acquire a world-class education, build lifelong connections, and create positive change in your community. Take the first step towards a brighter future by visiting our website and accessing the Applicant Guidance Note for further details.
Apply now and unlock your potential with the Ireland Africa Fellows Programme 2024/2025. Together, we will build a better tomorrow.